Happy 25th Season
Established in 1999 on the south bleachers of Swangard Stadium, we’ve come a long way to become who we are today. We are looking forward to celebrating this special milestone, along with the Vancouver Whitecaps as our club hits the half a century mark.
We’re excited to announce that 2024 memberships are available now. As a member of the Southside, you’ll be joining in on one of the most passionate soccer communities in Canada. Membership benefits for this year include:
- The official 2024 Southsiders membership scarf.
- Personalized digital membership card valid for great discounts.
- A contribution to the tifo fund sufficient to provide for all our visual displays and organized support needs.
- A $1 contribution to our Community Works fund.
- Priority access to Southsiders away trips
- Access to single match home GA tickets.
Act fast, the first 250 members to renew or sign up will receive a special item to commemorate the group’s 25 year anniversary.
We plan to host our season kick-off party on the weekend of February 24th. Keep an eye out for details on this and other upcoming events in the coming weeks.
Champions Cup First Match Tickets
Our support starts early this year, as we travel to Starlight Stadium in Langford, BC on February 7th to cheer on our boys against Mexican side Tigres UANL in CONCACAF Champions Cup action.
Tickets in the Whitecaps supporter section are available now through our website here: https://vancouversouthsiders.ca/shop/product/prod_PLwceLpxfFVYvk
Paid members can join us for $23.74*, we also welcome all other fans to support with us, non-member price is $29.99
*Please note that you must have already completed the membership renewal or sign up process for the discount to be applied during ticket checkout.
AGM and new Executive Board
Our group held our Annual General Meeting on January 6th. The members attending in person and over zoom, elected an executive board for the 2024 season. The new board already had their first meeting and split the responsibilities into these leadership roles. You’ve probably seen most of them around the GA section in the past few years, without further ado:
- Greg Petrie, Ombudsperson
- Steve Maddess, Club Treasurer
- Peter Czimmermann, Club Secretary & President
- Ciaran Nicoll, Member At Large – Director of Game Day & Vice President
- Nikola Tanaskovic, Member At Large – Director of Communications
- Alex Schenke, Member At Large – Director of Membership and Recruitment
- Kevin Clarke, Member At Large – Director of Events and Ticketing
- William Silver, Member At Large – Creative Director
We’d like to thank our outgoing executives Shayne Grimmer, Leanne Theiss, Sarah Petrie, Dim McNami and Tony Santos for their excellent service and all their contributions to our group in the past years.
Looking forward to supporting together in 2024!