2023 January Update
Greetings Fellow Southsiders,
As we are all awaiting an action packed Whitecaps FC season, I’d like to give you an update of a very eventful 2 weeks.
Our group held our very first hybrid Annual General Meeting on January 15. The members attending in person and over zoom, elected an executive board for the 2023 season. We had 7 nominees contested for the 5 Members at Large director positions. The following executive board had been elected as follows:
- Greg Petrie, Ombudsperson
- Steve Maddess, Club Treasurer
- Peter Czimmermann, Club Secretary & President
- Shayne Grimmer, Member At Large – Director of Game Day operations & VP
- Craig McCulloch, Member At Large – Director of Communications
- Dim McNami, Member At Large – Creative Director
- Tony Santos, Member At Large – Director of Membership and Recruitment
- Leanne Theiss, Member At Large – Director of Events and Partnerships
I’d like to thank our outgoing executive Cameron Prior for his service on the board in the past years. While he won’t be serving on the executive board, he’s already been appointed as the chair of our Charitable Works Committee and also volunteered to help in other areas, such as events and ticketing.
Unfortunately, Craig McCulloch tendered his resignation from the Director of Communication position for personal reasons. In the name of the whole membership, I’d like to thank Craig for his immense contributions to our group in the past years.
This leaves a vacant seat on the executive board as well as a major gap in the responsibilities covered by current executives. As per current bylaws, the executive board can appoint any members in good standing to serve as a director. Regardless of the formal and legal processes necessary to fill the vacant seat, we need members to step up and cover these responsibilities. e.g. running individual social media presence and informing the membership via newsletter, website or social media. This can be interim coverage and or permanent with the supervision of the appointed or elected communications director.
If you are interested in helping out either as a board member or a volunteer, please fill out this form https://forms.gle/tVfjZRzEsmi2nMcV9 or email email@example.com
Board member applications close on Feb 5th at midnight.
We have a few other things already in motion:
- Southsiders Season Kick-Off party February 19th
- GA home tickets & Cascadia Away tickets sales
- Hotel & Hotel+Flight discounts for away matches
2023 Membership is now open for renewal and new sign ups!