Announcing Our New Board of Directors & Ombudsman for the Remainder of 2018
As a result of the General Meeting of the Vancouver Southsiders Soccer Supporters Society held on Sunday, September 9th, there have been several changes to our directorships and the office of Ombudsman. For the remainder of the yearly term the sitting members of the Board of Directors of the society, and their areas of responsibility, are as follows:
- Dylan Callow, Treasurer
- Peter Czimmermann, President & Secretary: Home & Away Ticketing
- John Knox, Vice President & Member at Large: External Communications and Membership
- Dim McNami, Member at Large: Events, Partnerships and Merchandise
- Paul Sabourin-Hertzog, Member at Large: Internal Communications and Stadium Ops
Greg Petrie has assumed the responsibilities of the Ombudsman to provide the membership with independent oversight of the executive board’s activities.
The new executive board would like to thank our predecessors for their diligence and countless hours of volunteerism:
- Cat Alderson
- Brendan Beynon
- Darcie Kerr
- Aidan Rantoul
- Aaryn Vivian
This season has seen many notable accomplishments that were only possible because of our talented colleagues and their dedication to the membership. These include:
- Hosting a successful summit of the Independent Supporters Council, which promotes shared values and best practices among supporters groups throughout North America.
- Arranging a town hall with Whitecaps executives, including a representative of the ownership group, allowing members to engage directly with the top levels of leadership at our club.
- Continuing support of the Vancouver Street Soccer League, including hosting a summer tournament day, and assisting with the success of their annual June Sports trip to Alert Bay.
- Providing numerous opportunities at every home game to showcase our members’ passion through organized tifo displays, drumming and leading active support in the supporters end.
- Partnering with Kwi Awt Stelemexw to produce the “Chéńchenstúmi & Sinulhkay” fundraising scarf, in support of their Squamish language immersion program at SFU.
We thank our colleagues and all of our tremendous volunteers for their service.
The Vancouver Southsiders Executive Board of Directors