Election 2018: Club Secretary
  • xczimixczimi

Club Secretary

• Prepares all general and board of directors meeting agendas;
    • Takes minutes of all general and board meetings;
    • Maintains an inventory of all Southsiders property;
    • Distributes and/or makes available the minutes to the General Membership shortly after meetings;
    • Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of organization's records, reports as required by the BC Society Act.
    • Coordinate required filings under the society act (annual report, notice of change of directors, etc)

Eligible candidates may nominate themselves here, or they can accept a nomination brought forward by another person who is a member in good standing of the General Membership.

It is important to note that only official, dues-paying members of the Southsiders can nominate a candidate. To assist with verification purposes, persons nominating others must self-identify as a member in good standing. The proposed candidate must also accept the nomination in writing on the discussion forum.

It is recommended that candidates provide a brief statement within the appropriate discussion thread to provide the General Membership with a sense of their personal background, experience and expertise, particularly as those things relate to the board position in question.

Nominees have the right to decline their nomination by a third party, or withdraw their nomination at any time prior to the Annual General Meeting.

Nominees are only permitted to stand as a candidate for a maximum of one role on the executive board (Treasurer, Secretary, Ombudsman or Member at large).

The final deadline for nominations is 11:00 am on December 8th, 2017.

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • SubhedgehogSubhedgehog

I'd like to nominate Peter Czimmermann to stand as club secretary again. Peter has been a stalwart on the board for years now, and has given the group thoughtful and well-considered leadership through many difficult situations.

Paul Sabourin-Hertzog, member 557 in good standing.

Post edited by Subhedgehog at 2017-11-27 23:30:39
    Paul, VSS Member #557, Section 252 behind the drum
  • chauchi09chauchi09

I'm guessing Paul meant to nominate Peter as Secretary, if that is the case I second the motion.

Scott Misfeldt, member 203 in good standing.

Member #203 - Charitable Causes Committee - @chauchi09 - Sec 251 Row J 3-4
  • SubhedgehogSubhedgehog

Erh, yes. Whoops. :P

Paul, VSS Member #557, Section 252 behind the drum
  • xczimixczimi

Thanks Paul, I happily accept the nomination for serving as the Club Secretary.

Last year, I provided a not so brief statement, so I'll try to keep it real brief this time around, if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them here.

If you don't know me, I grew up in Hungary, been in Vancouver for a bit over 10 years now, proud father of a teenage son who lives back in Hungary (he is a member, and had been to more away games than most STH). For semi 9 to 5 job, I get paid to spend those hours writing computer software. Yeah, I'm a standard nerd.

I've been on the executive board since the 2012 season, served most years as Club Secretary, done Away Travel for two, represented the group at the ISC, on radio, on TV, even got on a front page of a newspaper, fought the FO on various matters.

My shortlist of goals for 2018: host and excellent ISC summit, get the Cascadia Cup back, grow our GA section and delegate more of the executive board duties to capable volunteers.

"Boundary Road, take me home, to the place where I belong."

Inclusivity, acceptance and respect. Simple as that.

Cheers.

Peter Czimmermann, member #124 in good standing.

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • xczimixczimi

Nominations closed

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion