Election 2017: Club Secretary
  • xczimixczimi

Club Secretary

• Prepares all general and board of directors meeting agendas;
    • Takes minutes of all general and board meetings;
    • Maintains an inventory of all Southsiders property;
    • Distributes and/or makes available the minutes to the General Membership shortly after meetings;
    • Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of organization's records, reports as required by the BC Society Act.
    • Coordinate required filings under the society act (annual report, notice of change of directors, etc)

Eligible candidates may nominate themselves here, or they can accept a nomination brought forward by another person who is a member in good standing of the General Membership.

It is important to note that only official, dues-paying members of the Southsiders can nominate a candidate. To assist with verification purposes, persons nominating others must self-identify as a member in good standing. The proposed candidate must also accept the nomination in writing on the discussion forum.

It is recommended that candidates provide a brief statement within the appropriate discussion thread to provide the General Membership with a sense of their personal background, experience and expertise, particularly as those things relate to the board position in question.

Nominees have the right to decline their nomination by a third party, or withdraw their nomination at any time prior to the Annual General Meeting.

Nominees are only permitted to stand as a candidate for a maximum of one role on the executive board (Treasurer, Secretary, Ombudsman or Member at large).

The final deadline for nominations is 3:00 pm on December 9th, 2016.

Post edited by xczimi at 2016-11-26 14:35:57
    AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • SubhedgehogSubhedgehog

I'll nominate Peter Czimmerman aka @xczimi (member number #124) for Secretary. He's held the position in the past and served the group very well, including holding the title of President.

Paul, VSS Member #557, Section 252 behind the drum
  • I'll second that!

Professional hair-twirler and chair spinner. Grilled cheese aficionado. Lover of sports and all things Sunday Funday.

Twitter: @aarynvivian
  • xczimixczimi

As we've discussed the different options regarding restructuring the board, quite honestly didn't ever think of my particular role. I'm "alright-alright-alright" to be the Secretary.

I accept this nomination and will happily serve the board and the group and I will help you out with other duties as needed (see below)

In the past, I quite literally shovelled pigeon shit, looked for alternative pub locations during a somewhat unsuccessful but adventerous bus trip, wrote custom paypal integration for our membership site, actually implemented that whole system, lifted the Cascadia Cup several times, capo'd and watched very little of a Portland away game, traced big letters in a sticky ballroom on banners, spray-painted random tifo in the BC Place parking lot, dealt with consequences of people running late on the New York subway from a coffee shop, started chants, hung banners in Swope Park, facilitated random ticket exchange on the way up from Doolin's washroom, had odd and useless debates on the forum, often kept a whole march in sync from the middle, filled a few buses going down the I-5 to our Cascadian rivals, waved small, medium sized and very large flags, called out FO representative's stupidity, had a shot with the random guy who just want to be part of the experience, celebrated birthdays in the stands, was rude to people who just don't understand the concept or reason of leave-me-alone-after-a-loss, pumped air into the stadium dolly tires, hugged random strangers in a stupid semi-homeless dude costume carrying a tradition despite my aversion to fancy dress since the age of 4, I had a beer with you, had a (?!) beer with supporters of many other teams, I have seen groups in person tenfold as passionate as ourselves at the Euros, out-boom-boom-clapped the Icelandians, woke up after 4 hours of sleep to do setup before a home game, lifted the Cascadia Cup, oh boy, it feels so good I had to repeat it (for the record, I lifted it every day since we got it).

Want to know why? I never took this group for granted, and I never will. You don't have to do all of the above (your doctor would not recommend it), you barely need to do half of a list item. It is FUN. Always.

Just do something little for your fellow Southsiders, and more than likely, I'll buy you a beer, randomly.

I give a shit signup

I give a shit and a giggle signup

The "I give a rats ass 2017 (tm)" signup a.k.a. membership renewal will be available after the AGM Dec 10th.

ps. I understand this is an overly positive note, and I am aware that I have made mistakes, slipped deadlines, offended people etc. I'm working on it. I'm not Southside Jesus. I'm not the Dude.

Just join me enjoying and lifting our beloved Whitecaps to higher standards and better results.

Club World Cup #capsOnTour anyone?

ps2. my last name is spelled Czimmermann :P

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • SubhedgehogSubhedgehog

That extra n gets me every time!

Paul, VSS Member #557, Section 252 behind the drum
  • xczimixczimi

Nominations closed

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion