Election 2017: Club Treasurer
  • xczimixczimi

Club Treasurer

• Manages finances of the organization;
    • Administrates fiscal matters of the organization;
    • Provides annual budget to the board for members' approval;
    • Provides financial updates to the board of directors;
    • Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
    • Responsible for filing of the society’s tax filing

Eligible candidates may nominate themselves here, or they can accept a nomination brought forward by another person who is a member in good standing of the General Membership.

It is important to note that only official, dues-paying members of the Southsiders can nominate a candidate. To assist with verification purposes, persons nominating others must self-identify as a member in good standing. The proposed candidate must also accept the nomination in writing on the discussion forum.

It is recommended that candidates provide a brief statement within the appropriate discussion thread to provide the General Membership with a sense of their personal background, experience and expertise, particularly as those things relate to the board position in question.

Nominees have the right to decline their nomination by a third party, or withdraw their nomination at any time prior to the Annual General Meeting.

Nominees are only permitted to stand as a candidate for a maximum of one role on the executive board (Treasurer, Secretary, Ombudsman or Member at large).

The final deadline for nominations is 3:00 pm on December 9th, 2016.

Post edited by xczimi at 2016-11-26 14:35:37
    AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • spurcapspurcap

To get this discussion going, due to personal commitments and circumstances I will not be able to run for this position in the upcoming year. It has been a pleasure being able to help out the group over the past three years and look forward to helping with transitioning this role.

If anyone thinks this is of interest to them and wants to get more detail into what is involved, please send me a note and I am happy to give you some details: treasurer@vancouversouthsiders.ca

aka: Josh, Former Southside Treasurer, Member #947
  • xczimixczimi

I've already shopped around a bit and either Trevor or Dylan should be popping up with a nomination very soon.

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • chauchi09chauchi09

Thank you Josh for a fantastic three years of service. Job so well done!

Member #203 - Charitable Causes Committee - @chauchi09 - Sec 251 Row J 3-4
  • Thanks Josh - best of luck, and thank you very much for your financial stewardship.

Member #11

E-mail: media@vancouversouthsiders.ca
    Twitter: @johnniemonster
  • Westsider13Westsider13

Your efforts have been and are much appreciated Josh, thank you for them.

#974 - Sec. 251 Row 109
    Former Southsiders' Ombudsman, 2016 edition.
    The best kicks are free.
  • td04td04

I nominate Dylan callow member number 207. I am member 147 in good standing. He is a chartered accountant with experience in not for profit organizations.

edited to reflect correct membership number.

Post edited by ophiolite at 2016-12-01 12:54:04
  • Thank you Trevor, I humbly accept the nomination. I believe per rules I am supposed to make a brief statement.

Like Trevor, I started as a Southsider member in the MLS era at Empire Field. We were both floored by the atmosphere and Whitecaps games are still to this day the best gameday experience you can have in Vancouver. This atmosphere is created by the devoted Southsider fans on this forum and in the stands. So I would be happy to help in any way I can to help the Southsiders increase membership, plan and execute successful events, and continue to build on the reputation of past members running this non-profit.

I feel like the treasurer position is the best way for me to help out as I am a CA (I can do accounting and tax stuff), and I have past experience as an executive of a student society, in which our operating budget was around 1.2 million dollars. Therefore, I understand the important decisions that need to be made on budgeting, event planning and logistics, the concepts of "value per member" and 80/20, putting out fires, and lastly but importantly, external and public relations. I also applaud the organisational changes being made to help boost involvement, and would be happy to help draft policies and procedures in order for current and future boards to have more structure and guidance.

I talked to Josh a year or two ago about being the treasurer but did not run due to the fact he was so great at it. Thank you again Josh for all your years of service!

Dylan (#207)

• SubhedgehogSubhedgehog

I'll second Dylan's nomination, to make it all official-like. Thanks for stepping up!

Post edited by Subhedgehog at 2016-12-01 13:22:26
    Paul, VSS Member #557, Section 252 behind the drum
  • spurcapspurcap

Thanks Dylan. If you are elected, I look forward to working with you in taking on this role.

aka: Josh, Former Southside Treasurer, Member #947
  • xczimixczimi

Nominations closed

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion