BoD - ISC meeting in Chicago Jan 22-24
  • xczimixczimi

since our timeline has been skewed, it is unlikely that we'll get new ISC delegates before this meeting.

Unfortunately Rebecca won't be able to attend, so if anybody has time on inclination to attend, I can possibly offer to use up some of my miles to lower the flight costs to around $60 for my tickets (from CA$500).

Also this would be the place where I'll be collecting any feedback on ISC related matters.

Peter

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • spurcapspurcap

As a matter of protocol I think we need to at least approve our expenditure on this given we had the previous ISC trip approved under the 2015 budget but not a recurring basis.

We have had this discussion a number of times on whether 1 or 2 or 0 delegates makes sense but I am not sure we need to relive this.

Josh

aka: Josh, Former Southside Treasurer, Member #947
  • xczimixczimi

Yup.

AKA Peter spillt his beer - President / Secretary / Director of Away Travel / ISC rep / IT Crowd Committee - member #124 - BC Place Section 251 Row F 101 --- http://www.xczimi.com
  • 64Chevelle64Chevelle

I'd happily go, but I'm moving that weekend, so it aint gonna happen for me.

If we get something out of going, them I'm in favor of the expense, but I'll leave that up to the people that have gone.

Rob Wheeler
    SS Member #670, Section 252, Row L, Seats 3, 4, 5 & 6
    twitter: @rmrgcb
  • xczimixczimi

For the Southside, this is more of a contribution to the ISC and smaller or less organized groups, (bunch of non MLS SGs joined this year), than getting something out of it.

• spurcapspurcap

If we are going there for the benefit of the greater good and not for a direct members benefit then I would be generally of the view that the cost of one travelling delegate is sufficient contribution.

While I don't believe it should be necessary for one to contribute in excess of one's time to the group (i.e. travel points) if a board member or other member wanted to go on points, I see no reason to stop them.

For perspective I am almost done our close for the year and total expenditures for everything during the year for which we didn't directly receive cash (i.e away travel/merch) or were not separately funded (tifo/CWC) were in the neighborhood of $12k. The cost of ISC therefore can be relatively significant. Not saying we should not do it and fine if the group wants to send 2 but just wanted to provide some data for reflection.

aka: Josh, Former Southside Treasurer, Member #947
  • Brettness37Brettness37

I'm coming down from what the ISC is supposed to be, and looking hard at what it is. I'm in favour of sending a single delegate.

- Member #555 - Community Works Committee - Sec. 251 Row J Seat 101 - Clan: Beaver

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion