2018 Partner Pub Announcement!
The Vancouver Southsiders Soccer Supporters Society Executive Board is excited to announce the Blarney Stone as the official ‘Home of the Southsiders’ for the 2018 season! Located in the heart of Gastown, the Blarney Stone was established in 1972 and is the longest running Irish Pub in the City of Vancouver.
New and returning members of the Vancouver Southsiders can expect the following membership perks through Blarney Stone for the 2018 season:
- 25% off food, 7 days per week (Includes Blarney Stone and their other venue Portside Pub)
- VIP entry to Blarney Stone & Portside (Skip the line – any day, any time)
- All ages access until 7pm!
- Free pop & juice for kids under 13
- Priority viewing on their 240” HD screen for ALL Whitecaps matches, home & away over all other sports events
- Customized Southsiders match day menu, including at least 1 food special per match
- Rotating local Craft Beer & Cider specials
- Burn Your Bill for EVERY match, home & away
- Match day prize giveaways
- Two annual giveaways of a Trip for 2 to an international football event (UEFA, etc.)
- And much more!
Our first event at Blarney Stone will be first kick on Sunday March 4th. Doors will open at 11am and, in addition to the new membership perks, all kids under 13 will be served FREE PANCAKES until the March to the Match! We look forward to uniting the membership under one roof (and in one room!) for the first time in many years!
We will have updates on the March to the Match as first kick approaches. We are working closely with the community of the Downtown Eastside (DTES) to find a route that provides the Southsiders with maximum visibility while being respectful of our new neighbourhood. Updates will be emailed out and posted on our social media pages as soon as they become available. We thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Director of Events & Partnerships, Aaryn Vivian, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check back to the “Friends of the Southside” portion of our website regularly as we are adding new information on discounts and membership perks often.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Doolin’s Irish Pub for their years of service to the Vancouver Southsiders. They took a chance on us, giving us sound & viewing priority at a time when hockey was the hottest ticket in town and for that we will be forever indebted to them. A special thank you to Barry Walsh, James Young, and Kieran Baldwin for making last year such a fantastic success. A massive thank you to all of our bartenders, servers, bar backs, and everyone on the Doolin’s team over the last 7 years for making Doolin’s truly feel like home. We will miss each and every one of you and wish you all the best!
The Vancouver Southsiders Soccer Supporters Society Executive Board
Cat Alderson, Treasurer
Brendan Beynon, Member At Large
Peter Czimmermann, Vice President and Secretary
Darcie Kerr, Member At Large
Aaryn Vivian, President and Member at Large
Aidan Rantoul, Ombudsman